Podcast in its Second Year
The Hub for Important Ideas reached its one-year anniversary milestone April 14, 2021 with its 30th episode. The podcast started pre-production a week before the pandemic began. In its first year it has had some remarkable guests including:
· Jamie Arndt, PhD Professor and Chair of the Department of Psychological Sciences at University of Missouri.
· Kirby Farrell, PhD professor of English at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
· Jamie Lynn Goldenberg, PhD Professor of Psychology at The University of South Florida
· Dan Liechty, PhD, Doctor of Ministry Professor of Social Work at Illinois State University
· Jack Moscou co-founder of The Writers Collective in New York
· Merlyn Mowrey, PhD retired Associate Professor of Social Ethics, Department of Philosophy and Religion at Central Michigan University
· Jerry Piven, PhD teaches in the Department of Philosophy at Rutgers University.
· Henry Richards, PHD is a licensed clinical psychologist
· Lyla Rothschild is the Program Director of the Ernest Becker Foundation
· Sheldon Solomon, PhD is professor of social psychology at Skidmore College
The Hub for Important Ideas is a podcast about the serious issues of our time, hosted by cultural critics Stephen James and Ken Swain. They challenge conventional thinking about contemporary problems including Mental Health, Economic Inequality, the Environment, Bigotry, and War in intelligent conversations with thought leaders in various disciplines. Drawing on the groundbreaking work of Ernest Becker, author of The Denial of Death, and the cutting-edge research of Terror Management Theory, this podcast will enable you to think through urgent issues.